Friday, February 03, 2017

Thing of the past

So much has happened in the past month that I don't even know where to begin. I've gone back home again to Manila, to spend less than 2 days with mom before she passed. Super sad and at the same time I am relieved that she is no longer in pain. Sometimes these life changing events can be so rattling that life stops. Everything is 're-calibrated' and plans tweaked. One thing that I am trying to find right now is this old fashioned handheld recorder and player because the day after I arrived, my dad handed me a cassette tape and asked if I knew what that was about. I shouted excited a big yes!! I have been missing this tape for at least 15 years. It had recordings of when I was probably a year old, babbling with mom and dad, talking about our cat among other things.I really wish I could get hold of this type of player so I can re-live the past.




No comments:

The big 4-0

Turning 40 soon has had me thinking about a few things lately. One, major one is whether to have another baby. Hmm. I guess this is partly n...