Sunday, January 18, 2015

Bursting with Ideas

A long time ago my mom told me I was hyperactive, just like my dad who never sits still. I thought to myself that couldn't be. I am very calm, collected and reserved. But I guess, over the years I kind of understood what my mom meant. Like my dad, I am full of ideas, bursting with new thoughts, plans, activities, business ideas, ventures, and the list goes on... forever!

I cannot imagine the life of a person running out of ideas. Sure, I hit a dead end every once in a while. By choice I stop from thinking further, but really I sometimes think I am overflowing with new things to do, accomplish and create.

Source
Sigh. And it is very tiring. Tiring not because the ideas are running out, but tiring because I feel I don't have time to do all of these. I am a thinker. And so as much as I would like to put it all into action, there are only 24 hours in a day. One step at a time, I would like to achieve as much of my ideas into something. Sometimes I wish I didn't have to sleep to avoid running out of time to DO! But of course I need sleep in order to function the next day! As a mum this is important of course for my family to thrive!

I have endless lists. Sometimes creating a list makes me feel good because I am made to believe that I would do this one day. Go through the list and just DO IT. If only I had the time!

So, yes I guess I am a hyperactive thinker. Give me a paper and pen and I can jot a whole note-full of thoughts, doodles, scribbles and ideas. My mum was right after all (aren't they almost always!)

No comments:

The big 4-0

Turning 40 soon has had me thinking about a few things lately. One, major one is whether to have another baby. Hmm. I guess this is partly n...